- 2 Eggplants (Globe or Black Beauty)
- 12-15 Basil leafs
- 1 package Boursin Cheese (any flavor)
- 8oz package Mozzarella Fresca (Fresh Mozzarella)
- ~1 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- Slice leangthwise 1/4 inch thick (~6-8 slices per eggplant)
- Salt/Pepper each side of eggplant
- Pour ~1/4 cup olive oil in heated skillet
- Fry each slice of eggplant for ~3-4 min each side turning 4 times
add olive oil as needed. eggplant is done when golden brown and fork tender
- place 3 paper towels on a cooling rack, place eggplant on paper towels
place 3 more paper towels on top to absorb additional oil
- Fry all eggplant, add additional paper towels as you stack the eggplant
- Rinse Basil and place on paper towel to dry
- Slice Roma Tomatoes 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice Fresh Mozzarella cheese into1/4 inch thick slices
- Place eggplant on cutting board
- on the small end of the eggplant, stack 1 slice of mozzarella, 1 Basil leaf, 1 slice of tomatoe
and a piece of boursin cheese (about the size of a quarter)
- Roll Eggplant (small end towards larger end)
Pre-heat oven to 420 deg. Place Eggplant Pockets in baking pan
sprayed with Pam.
Bake eggplant Pockets at 420 for 5 minuets and then broil for 5 minuets. You can also
Grill the Eggplant Pockets.
Place remaining Boursin Cheese in a sauce pan with 3/4 cup low sodium chicken
stock (you may need to open a new package of Boursin cheese). If you used garlic
and herb cheese inside the Pockets, try using Boursin Peppercorn flavor for the
sauce. Sauce is ready when cheese is disolved
To Serve, place 2 Eggplant Pockets on plate and drizzle with Boursin Cheese sauce.